PRV RELAY BY AXELSON VALVE
The Axelson PRV Relay is normally closed, pilot operated, block and bleed relay which controls high pressure with a lower pilot pressure.
Relays are available for both pneumatic and hydraulic control applications.
In the normal position, the inlet port is blocked and the outlet port is open to the exhaust port.
When the manual override knob is moved to the “in service” position, either manually or by applying pilot pressure, the inlet port is open to the outlet port and the exhaust port is blocked.
The relay may be a manual or automatic reset device by repositioning the piston and installation or removal of one o-ring.
With the manual reset option, application of pilot pressure causes no movement of the stem when in the normal position. Once the knob is manually pulled outward to the “in service” position, the pilot pressure will hold the relay in that position. Loss of pilot pressure will allow the relay to return to the normal “out-of-service” position. Manual operation is maintained even at maximum pilot pressure of 250 psi; however, for repetitive manual operation, pilot pressure should not exceed 50 psi.
With the automatic reset option, application of pilot pressure will cause the stem to move to the “in service” position. Loss of pilot pressure will allow the stem to return to the normal “out-of-service” position.
Control Pressure – 0 to 375 PSI
Pilot Pressure – 25 to 250 PSI
- Three-way block and bleed or two-way bleed only
- NACE Compatible for sour service applications
- Large exhaust area for fast shut-in of safety valves
- Once actuated, provides means of locking the actuator in the fail-safe position until manually reset
- Provides manual operation of the system for startup or shutdown
- Provide large exhaust area for fast shut-in safety valves. For best results, mount on safety valve actuator.
- When used in the automatic mode, the PRV Relay may be used for remote operation of the safety valve by manipulation of the pilot supply (on or off).
- When used in manual mode, provide means of locking the actuator in the fail-safe position once actuated until manually reset.
- Provide manual operation of the system for start-up or shut-down.
For a Quick Quote on The Axelson PRV Relay – Send us an email below: